12 July, 2014

Letter for my family

Today, I attended Teacher Study Group. Ven. You Deng shares Ven. Jue Cheng's Family Letters to us. When I reflected on the letters, I realised Filial Piety is here and now. I also aware that how blessed I am to be with my family.

Blessings that I received from this family:
I am blessed to have a loving parents
I am blessed to have a caring sister
I am blessed that my family always did their best to care for my needs

From young, honestly I don't need to really look after my family. This has slowly made me a closed up and can't be bothered attitude. Perhaps I have taken my family for granted. There is a saying only when you lose it, you will cherished.

Thankfully, I do not need to lose my family to realise how blessed I am because ever since I "officially" become a buddhist, I learned more about myself and my relationship with people, especially with my family. I remembered my parents said that I treat this house, like a hotel. I used to be impatient towards my family because I couldn't feel their love. Perhaps, during that time friends are more important than family. However, I realised recently that family is more important than friends, they are the closest to me and I hurt them the most.

My dad is trustworthy and kind while my mum is loving and open and my sis is wise and caring. They are my 3 treasures that I didn't notice in the past. I wondered how much merits that I have accumulated to be born in this loving family. My family may not be wealthy but it gives me love and warmth. I am reciprocating their unconditional love. My family do not love me through words but through actions. Likewise, I will do the same thing so that they are able to feel my love as well. Love them the way they want to be loved. I wish my family healthy and happiness always.

Thanks for loving me all these years!

1 comment:

DReaMY said...

yeah.. you have beautiful family.. rem how we used to "compare" haha....guess it's always perspective....

your mum really does takes care of your every needs and even gives u so much options that made you irriated with her... it's perhaps "love overdoses" but yet it's a special kind of love, the love of the family that even though we sometimes take for granted, is always and always still there.....

:) bless your mum and dad!! :)