27 March, 2009

Dealings with uncommitted person

Recently had a joint project with 2 of my friends. We were enthusiastic about this project. We had lots of good ideas. After two weeks, perhaps everyone is busy with other commitments as well. The project seems to be slowed down. When I tried to ask one of my friends, how was his progress. He seems to be less involved compared to what he promised to do.

Last night, two of us couldn't take it anymore, had a big fight with him because he didn't do what he promised and when we said we want to meet up with him. He just said he was busy and this project doesn't really need his approval.

My friend and I were so pissed off by his words because this project supposed to be done and completed by 3 of us. He said that he felt insulted that we said he doesn't contribute to this project and now he wanted to pull off from this project.

I was disheartened by his attitude and his response to handle this project. We haven't really kick off this project and he simply give up just like that. The copywriting was pushed to my friend and the website coding and design were done by me. All he need to do is just setup the website hosting and payment part. Is asking some of his time commitments really asking too much?

I realised that its not the technical procedure that is most difficult to deal with.. The most difficult part is to deal with uncommitted team member.

No comments: