09 April, 2012

8 steps dancing

I had learnt a variety of dancing classes such as hiphop, chacha, jazz, social dancing, salsa a few years back and stopped dancing due to hectic work. Thankfully, I saw a group of aunties dancing at the hilltop. I saw them dancing happily and that reminds me of the dances I have learnt in the past.

I went to the Ang Mo Kio CC to pickup my dancing skills again. It is fun and everytime I dance I feel happy and relax. The teacher is keen to teach and she comments that easy steps she can't remember, students will guide her along then she can remember better.

I learnt a lot from her. She taught me about life. As a beginner to modern dance, she asked me to stand in the middle of the group. It is not because that I need to be in the limelight. The real reason is to learn from various students who have mastered the techniques of the modern dance so that I can pickup faster.

The fastest way to pickup the skill is the observe how people do the basic and learn as I practise. Another way is the learn from classmates who have mastered the skill, she can give me proper guidance as she have learnt the techniques.

Another thing she taught me is to ask when I have any doubts so that I clarify and understand. The dancing teacher mentioned even though I may have mastered the techniques very well, it is still not the mastery yet because my dancing steps need to goes well with the rhythm of the music in ordered to have considered fully mastered the skill.

A very wise piece of advice.

No comments: