06 August, 2014

Art Therapy Day 2



Hope
Rainbow always gives me a sense of hope. Wanted to paint rainbow in a fluid manner, ends up the first one is too stiff and the colors are too strong. The second one is lighter and have the feel of rainbow but not in the shape of an rainbow. I guess I will need to balance the 2 visuals together to form the real rainbow in my heart. Anyway, it is a good experimental exercise for me to have a feel of the brush strokes, colors and the theme.

Although all seems out of place, but I learned something in this art therapy which is colors that are too strong are not pleasant in a long run. Yes, it does attract attention but it doesn't sustain at all. However, lighter tone tends to have the endurance and the soothing effects, even you can look at it for a very long time, with ease and pleasure.

It is also telling me that fast and furious is not lasting, however slow and gentle, going with the flow is the way to lasting happiness.

No comments: