25 August, 2014

Broken Friendship

"Oh My God, my friends frame has broken!"

This frame has been with me since Oct 2013! Due to my negligence when I woke up in one of the morning. The top part of letter "F" came off. I have scolded myself for being careless but the frame has already broken. It is more important question for me to do: What am I going to do about it?!

For the past few months, I just use a transparent scotch tape wrap it up. I know it looks ugly but I didn't bother to do anything about it. Until today, I decided to fix the broken part properly. I removed the ugly scotch tape and use uhu glue to glue it back carefully. Yes, it looks much better as though it has not been broken. But of course, there is still a missing chip that came off and the cracks between the broken part and the full frame. I still choose to put the frame beside my bedside so that I can continue to see my friends when I wake up! :)

This small incident has taught me an important lesson about friendship, or any other relationship. If I choose to focus on the crack (hurt), I will always be hurt. However, I choose to fix the crack (heal or do something about it), I actually healing the friendship and at least it won't get any worsen but getting better each time.

Although there is a crack in between, but at least I choose to do something about it, no more ugly scotch and from far, you can't tell there is a crack. Even I know there is a crack, I know that I have done my best to salvage this crack and make the best out of it.

No comments: