14 January, 2016

Marie Kondo: "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up"



I am very inspired by Marie Kondo's ways of tidy up the room. After watching her google talk. Today, I woke up and start to organise my wardrobe. I took her advice to tidy up within a short period of time, put things in categories and only keep things that are useful, makes me happy and beautiful things that brings me joy.

Normally, I find tidy up the room is a chore, I will procrastinate until I can't take it anymore and I will do it. Surprisingly, for the first time, I don't have such feeling. In fact, I go through all my clothes, looking at each pieces one by one, deciding if it makes me happy or I need to let go.

After going through the processes, I notice that my dresses were used to all over the places, so are shirts and other items. Now, I categorize my clothing in terms of types: dresses, tshirts, blouses, shorts, pants, skirts, towels, belts, scarves, socks, hats and inner wear. Each of the categories have it's own space and I only keep those that I will wear. This arrangement will save me lots of time and effort, looking for the "right type" of clothing for the day.

I found out that I have 11 towels that I haven't use before. I gave all to mum and she is very happy. I am happy too because my wardrobe no longer clutter and it is a place where I can select my favourite clothing for the day. This is the type of strategic tidy up that I have been looking for.

I notice a lot of people are like me, always thinking that the piece of item will be use at later time. Honestly, once you didn't touch it for a year, most likely you won't use it anymore. So just let it go! I also realised at a lot of people do not know how to tidy up the space in a correct manner. This is a great skill to master.

Other people may feel, it is just tidy up the place. I personally feel it is more than that. It is therapeutic, it helps me to rethink, what kind of ideal space that I need that can help me to improve my thoughts, my creativity and makes me feel joyful and calm.
I really want to thank that I have found the right teacher to guide me how to be an effective and efficient life organiser.

No comments: