18 January, 2016

Transformation through exercise

A lot of my friends thought that I join Lose to Win is to lose weight. My key motivation is to have a healthy and balance lifestyle. I thought of putting some good tips which I learned along the way.

Mindset
Health is our first wealth. Without health, don't even need to talk about other things in life. Be clear and specific of what you want to get at the end of the day. ie for the current goal, I will eat 2 fruits per day and walk 10,000 steps per day. 90% of the time, I have achieved these 2 goals because they are easy to achieve and these two goals are what I really want to do, not by force or external pressure. Losing weight is hard when we are not focus, and didn't have a positive mindset that we will REALLY lose weight. Visualize the healthier self. This helps us to keep in mind that it is achievable.

Food Nutrients
Have you heard food as medicine? When we learned how to treat our body well, our body will live a long time. Learned more about each food properties. This can help us to cook better food and intake the good nutrients from the food. Find health nutritionist / health coach that can advise you on the varieties of food. Raw and Fresh vegetables and fruits are still the best because it has the most nutrients that our body needs. Cut down on meat if we are a meat lover ie Have it as one palm size. If we can take care of what we eat, we can reduce the chances of high risk in chronic diseases. Never have quick fix solutions on diet. It is expensive and not sustainable.

Exercise
By right, we "should" exercise everyday. However, due to our hectic lifestyle, it is almost impossible. However, I learned that I need blend in 3 times exercise into my lifestyle. Outdoor activities are great. I used to join California membership and the membership is expensive, not sustainable. Hence, I have allocated Tues bootcamp at Stadium Gate 2, Thurs Walk in the Park /Fri Kickboxing at J8 and Sunday Zumba class at Bishan Park. I noticed that my goal that I set was "to exercise 2 times a week and eat fruits weekly" but this goals were not set specific enough. Now, I have edited it to be more specific and it can be measured.

Sleep
To sleep before 11am, I still couldn't achieve this as I am still blogging away. I wanted to keep this points down before I forgot. I will continue to strive to achieve this. I remembered Jessy told me to make a point to sleep 15mins each time before the previous day. Ie 12am, shift it to 11.45pm and then 11.30pm. 11.15pm and finally 11pm. Make it a habit. Once it becomes a routine, our body will be able to rest well at 11pm. Having sufficient rest is important, it sets the energy right and we will feel good about ourselves the next morning.

All is possible when we set our heart, our mind and our consciousness alighted. Good luck!

No comments: