09 March, 2006

Donate or not?

Feeling:The current mood of starry

Yesterday, I was sick. Had a bad sore throat so went to see my doctor. After the consultation, I walked to the nearby hawker to take my "brunch" (Breakfast cum Lunch).

While waiting for my food, a 40+ year old man came over and asked me to buy some donations coupons. Some of his coupons looked worn and crumble. As there are too many donations fraud cases going around, i do not wish to become another victim. He said that he got license to sell these tickets. I shook my head and despite im having a bad sore throat, i still told him nicely that I did not want to buy any of his coupons.

He’s quite persistent to ask me to buy. But I still turned him down flatly. He got no choice and took back the coupons and to my horror, this old man said: "Only 2 Dollar what.. What so big deal of buying two dollar coupon? Don’t buy, don’t buy lah."

I was shocked by his words. Yes, its no big deal of buying 2 dollar donation coupons. It’s way how he behaved. He was doing charity work. Shouldn’t he be humble or should not force anyone else to buy or even making such remarks. He should try to make the public understand that he or the charity organisation are truly and genuinely wants to give the donation to the needy.

I always believe that charity should always come from the sincere heart and not do it with any special motive.

PS. I cant find the Charity Organisation logo on the coupon and he did not show me his proper identification too.

No comments: