13 March, 2006

Walking down memory lane

Walking along the pathway of sidewalk, as the wind blew onto my face, i could feel that breeze and the rustling of the leaves on the trees seems to welcome me back to the old school :)

My friends and I were so excited as we set our first foot on the school's concrete. It has been so many years since we went back. Everything is so new and fresh. It's like going back to a new playground. There are so many new things in the school. New building extension, new chapel, extended field etc. of cos there are familiar places like the roof garden, having mirrors and wind chimes around the school and sisters bridge!

Everything seems to reduced in size and length!
Walk from pri block to sec block, seems much faster.
The railling in the spectators stand seems so much lower.
The classroom seems smaller then it used to be..

Many places have been renovated and improved. However, i felt that the school has lost some "X" factors from these changes. The classrooms no longer have plants deco in the balcony and teacher room has partitions, there were some chalk scribbling on the walls, metal railing on some of the staircases. Somehow i feel that it makes the school a "colder" place to study in.

The school still retains a fountain "Ying Shui Si Yuan". It means when u are happy, never forget how your happiness come from.

"We must never forget our root and we must love one another" - That's what my principal always says.

I will never forget how my teachers have taught me with all their hearts esp. my Pri 2 Chinese teacher. She has taught me how to appreciate mandarin which i have a strong Chinese foundation background now. I felt guilty for not being appreciative for what they have taught. Of cos, there’s no way to revert the past. I could only make myself a more useful and a better person.

My friends and I were so enthusiastic this whole trip, we were chatting nonstop. Discussing about what naughty things we have done in the past and the school myths that were passed down from batches by batches.

I really enjoyed myself on Saturday. Despite i was sick and tired, i felt that it was very fulfilling and fruitful trip and these good memories will always stay in my heart.

No comments: