17 December, 2007

Basics Portraiture

Went to fort canning for photography workshop. It's about portraiture. The theme is back to the basics. No fancy stuffs. No huge monster lens, no filters and best of all no HEAVY tripod!

It's my first time taking portraiture. It's something new and refreshing to me. To be shot and shooting others. There were a few of us "choosen" to be shot. It's a fun and yet scary experience. Can you imagine 10+ photographers are shooting at you at the same time! I don't even know where or how to stand and look at which directions. Just feel so strange haha...

Used to think that "I just want to take good photos." But this is not enough! What i have learnt, i need to communicate with the person involved. What kind of feelings / emotions we want to evolve when we look at these pictures. The results will come totally different with or without communication...

Another thing i have learnt is that you have to make the person feels comfortable with you. I realised that it's easier to take portraiture of my own friends than a newly friend.

I'm quite satisfied with what i took yesterday. Perhaps I should start to go around shooting other people! Any volunters? Hiak Hiak Hiak...

No comments: