02 December, 2007

Facing my own courage

Few years back, I never had the courage to ride a bicycle. I had phobia of balancing and fear of falling. I was easily disheartened after a few lousy attempts. Thinking that i can never do it. Perhaps i never use my heart to feel and use my eyes to see. The fear within me controlling my thoughts and tells me "You can't do it, so pls give up."

Today I proved to myself that I can do it. It took me hours just to make the wheels to turn. Before I could make my balance on the bike, my legs want stop the wheels. Siew and evon keep sharing with me on different ways of how to ride the bike. My confidence level was very low. But I keep telling myself, "I know you just need a longer time to master, I know u can do it" and it will work!

Soon, I made a few attempts and it works! Although its still a wobbly cycle but i felt that i'm at top of the world! The hardest attempt is when u have make the first move. Yes, I finally made my first step. I finally felt the feeling on the bike without feeling much fear.

The greatest thing about riding a bike is not how fast can I pick up this skill. It's about me facing my own fear and counteract on it. I always think that controlling a bike is an impossible task for me because I always had problem coordinating my hands and legs.

Thanks to siew and evon have never given up on me. Keep encouraging and supportive, trying their very best to help. Despite I kept falling onto the grass and almost bumping into the trees and having a few cuts here and there, the feeling is great.

Thanks pals!

No comments: