31 October, 2008

Cross Cultural Friendship

Global village is a term coined by Wyndham Lewis in 1948 and Herbert Marshall Mcluhan in 1962 describes how electronic mass media collapse space and time barriers in human communication, enabling people to interact and live on a global scale.

In this sense, the globe has been turned into a village by the electronic mass media. The global village in this context refers to the power of Internet. With the help of upcoming improving fast technology such as facebook, msn, you tube and many more technology gadgets, the information is spreading much faster than it used to be. Perhaps very soon, we will able to do more Internet stuffs with our own mobile phones.

Because of Internet, I get to know many more friends online then I used to have. Recently through msn, I get to know a spanish designer. He is rather a reserved but yet a warm hearted man. But after chatting for some time, we have developed friendship between us.

He always loves to draw... When I was stuck with my own ideas about creating money packets, he drew and interpret his own ways. Although I didnt use his ideas at all, but I appreciate by his actions.

There was one time I helped him to resolve a personal problem. Out of gratitude, he drew this piece of work for me.


I asked him why does he draw this litte heart, he says when he felt lousy, I listen to him and share a piece of my heart. Lol :) That's how i inspired him to draw this piece of work. It's pretty, isn't it?

I am rather touched by his kind gesture. In fact, I think he helped me more than I helped him. I hope our friendship will grow stronger through the years.

No comments: