11 November, 2008

Credibility

5 months ago, I was engaged to design a website for my client's client, Mr X. This is my first time working with this new client. It's my friend's contact. This client was a sales manager. He was very sales driven therefore, he pushed hard for his sales as well as his project.

My client told me this particular job was urgent and required me to rush for it. Of course, I played my role and delivered the work to him. However, Mr X just doesn't seem to have any interest with his own website. Whenever my client asked him about the feedback, he always said that he's busy. Afterall, Mr X was the one who wanted to push the website to be ready 4 months ago.

3 months ago, my client felt bad about it and said that he will transfer the full amount to me first, even though the project has not complete yet. I told him this is not the way to do business. I told him I have to complete the project.

My client has told me that Mr X has decided to stop the project today. To be honest, this is my first time doing project without completing it. Although I still get paid for my service, I just don't feel good about it. Because the project was not complete at all.

I always think that credibility should play on our part but in reality, i think it works both ways.

No comments: