25 February, 2009

Meaningful day yet a Restless day

Today is a meaningful day yet a restless day. I rented some vcds to clear my boredom as well as to distract me from hearing the renovation noise from my neighbour. My mum is amazed that I could watch my vcds in such an undisturbed mode, esp. Yesterday, I got to shout at her (Not that i mean to shout at her but it is too noisy :( ) to tell her that I will escape from the unexpected noise level.

I watched 3 movies: "Enchanted, I am Legend and PS. I love You" Out of the 3, I think I enjoyed "P.S. I love you" the most. It is about a young widow, starring Hilary Swank, who discovers that her late husband has left her 10 messages intended to help to release the grief that she had for him. As the seasons pass, each new message fills her with encouragement and sends her on a new adventure, all ended off with "P.S. I Love You".

I think P.S. I Love You has a perfect blend of sadness, and little light-heartedness. This is not saying that that the light moments belittle the sadness; no, rather the opposite. It adds to it, because it mirrors real life. Real life is not all about sadness, but about the good moments mixed in.

P.S. I Love You is about the love that every woman (and probably the men too, but they just won't admit it :P) aspires to one day have in there life. It shows that no matter what, when you have that one special person, that one special love in your life, you can get into any manner of small or big fights, and even if you really don't appreciate what you have until it's gone, that person is always a part of you, and only wants your happiness.

I guess the big picture is cherish our love ones, before it is too late...

No comments: