07 October, 2014

Happy Birthday to myself

Happy Birthday to myself! Once a year, just flash past. I am very delighted that yesterday, Evon, Felicia, Siew and my Sister helped me to organise and celebrate my birthday. It is indeed very blessed and my heart filled with joy and happiness. Thanks for their effort and preparation. Even Siew's mum and my dad contribute in their own little ways.

There is my lovely po piah birthday "cake", first time invention by me hehe :D. Though the wordings are not clearly seen, but it is still my own creations :) Thanks for the beautiful decor and yummy food. It is hilarious whenever I am with this group of friends. I think it is because they are simple at heart and always feel comfortable with them.

Today, I met Pey yng and her son for lunch. She is a vegetarian now and she told me she does it for her family. I didn't feel much joy within her so I share my experience with her at 8 precepts retreat. She starts to feel a bit happier. Then she said she wants to go to the famous guan yin temple to pray. I went with her and it has been a long time since I stepped in that temple. I give thanks to the gods and bodhisattvas who may have helped me in the past. I told them that I have taken refuge with 3 Triple Gems: Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. I will continue to practice the Buddhist way and tell them that I am happier since I taken the 3 Triple Gems Refuge.

Before I end my day, I shared Venerable Master Hsing Yun's 5 Harmony with Pey Yng. The 5 harmony is:
1) Be Happy Within Ourselves
2) Be Harmony and Peace within Family
3) Be Respectful with People
4) Be Harmony with Society
5) World Peace

I am still practicing each day now I have harmony within myself lol :D Gambatte! Happy Birthday to myself, working towards a better self :)

1 comment:

DReaMY said...

:) luv siew