22 July, 2008

World without Technology

Last week, my pc is giving me problems.... slow to react and sometimes I could hear the clicking sound from my harddisk.... I always have problem backing up my stuffs because before I could react on it, my harddisk just die on me. Then few years back, one of my friends gives me a good advice on checking the health of my harddisk. "When you heard some funny sounds from your cpu casing, your harddisk could be going to be burn out really soon".

This time round, I give it no chance, quickly backup my stuffs and format it. Strangely the clicking sound no more exist. I'm still wondering should I buy a NEW hard disk..

Here comes my handphone, I always wanted to put my friends' contacts in my SIM card. After I moved my contacts to SIM card, my handphone just go haywired, give me blank screen and all my contacts are gone... I was feeling panic, off my phone and restart a few times and all the contacts appeared. But all the contacts got jumble up... I had a hard time scrolling through the contacts that i wanted to call.

Thankfully, all problems have been resolved now.

My friend asked me what is the thing that is most important to me. It's obvious. My handphone! It makes me wonder what happens if one day, Im asked to go to a world without technology, will I still able to survive? I think probably I will feel so helpless and lost. I cant imagine myself, losing all the connection with friends...NO Internet, NO online games, NO blogging

But being a human, we have the ability of adjusting ourselves to the new environment. If that day were to come, I think I will have to force myself to do without them. Just like my parents who are trying to learn how to use the technology in the market.

No comments: