17 October, 2021

Day 280: GAB 9 Goals and Aspirations Reflection

1. When you were a child, whom did you want to be like, or what kind of person did you want to become when you grew up?
When I was a child, I wanted to be a teacher. As I felt that teachers have the ability to inspire, motivate and guide students.

2. Who were your role models -family members, movie actors or actresses or some other well-known figures?
As a child, I was attracted to Andy Lau as he was very handsome and most importantly, he is very hardworking and he always do his best in his work. I always collect his various photos and keep them nicely in the album. I kept them for 20 over years. LOL! But I threw them all in one of the declutter session. Now I think back, it is my teenage learning experiences, where I wanted to follow someone who has good values and lead his life purposefully.

Now I am learning from Spiritual teacher, Venerable Master Hsing Yun, although he is very old already but I feel that he is very wise and compassion person. His values are very strong and I would like to learn from his wisdom.

3. Which characteristics of your ideal self were most important to you - accomplishments, athletic ability, appearance, money, reputation, creativity, philosophy, religion, or something else?
Confidence, Freedom, Space, Harmony, Courage, Adventure, Teamwork, Accomplishments

4. Have you changed your goals during your life? How is it different now? What experience or major events influenced these changes?
Yes, I have many goals in my life and usually I complete about 80%, those that really matters to me. In the past, my goals are mainly study and career related (Credentials and Accomplishments). Now my goals are my well-being, my emotions and my state of mind matters to me more. I am more focus on my state of being, I feel it is important and I can attract what I want into my life.

5. What do you feel have been the most important achievements of your life? Is there anything you feel so strongly about that you would sacrifice almost everything for it?
The biggest achievement I feel is finding back myself. To know and understand who I really am. When I know who I really am. I can decide what I really want to do in my life. How can I live my life more joyfully, with good intentions and being grateful that my life has been a fulfilling one?

6. Was there a period when your felt your life was meaningless? What did you do about it?
In 2012, I had depression. I felt my life was meaningless. It took me 2 years to recover from my mental illness. I lost my job, but I gained back my life, my family, review what truly matters to me. I realised work is not everything about life. I feel calmer and more peaceful after I had to reset everything that I know about my life. I can choose a new path.

7. Looking back at your life, would you now pursue different goals? What would they be?
I would probably be a teacher if I hasn’t been a designer. Now my dream is half fulfilled as I am a dharma teacher at fo guang shan in Children Dharma Class.  

8. In reviewing the life you have lived, what were some of the appreciations you would give yourself?
I appreciate myself that I didn’t give up myself, especially during the most difficult and challenging times, to a point that I feel that I want to end my life. Situations that are even beyond other people can even help me. I am grateful that I still have that tiny, yet powerful strength to lift me up again.

9. What aspirations do you have now and what goals do you have for your future?
I want to be healthy and build my own wealth. I want to stay connected with myself. When I am connected with myself, I feel peace, joy, calmness in me.

For the health goals, I set for myself 3 easy goals.
1. To eat healthily through plant-based diets. Eat at least 1 meal fruits and vegetables and drink Terahertz healthy water.
2. To exercise regularly, exercise 3-4 times a week, mainly brisk walk or zumba class. I spend time with myself at the park.
3. To sleep early, sleep before 12 midnight like cinderella.

For the wealth goals, I set for myself 3 easy goals.
1. I update my projects revenue every week.
2. I have money dates with myself every week.
3. I followup with my clients closely on their payments.

10. What legacy would you like to create that would be a symbol of how you led your life? What gifts/ experiences of your life would you like to share with others?
Life challenges are real. If we give up easily, what matters to us. We are not truly living our own life. If I were to pass down my own legacy, I hope that I have the ability to share my wisdom and knowledge to other people. How they can be wiser in their life. They are able to life a more meaningful and fulfilling life like that I am having now. It is possible to improve the quality of our life if we look hard enough for the answers within ourselves.

11. If you wrote a book about your life, what would its title be?
If I were to wrote a book about my life, bitter-sweet journey that worth living.

No comments: