23 February, 2006

6th Toastmaster Meeting

Yap, went to my 6th toastmaster meeting at SP last night. It was pleasant experience to listen and learn from new members. Nope, not doing any project at all. I was appointed to be the ah-counter for the night. The main role is to take note of words and sounds used as a "pause filler" by anyone who speaks during the meeting. Words like "and", "well", "but", "so", "you know" and sounds like "ah", "um", "er" are inappropriate interjections.

Its always a different experience in every month's meeting. Meeting and networking with new people. Learning Word of the day eg. "Contemporary", learning how member handles their table topics to talk non-stop for 1-2mins. Its really a challenging. I have done a couple of times but i would say its not easy task. It actually stimulates your mind. You have to learn how to make your mind think faster than you normally do. To say something that is constructive and entertaining.

After listening to good speakers sharing their life experiences last night. I am more determined, motivated and looking forward to make my 3rd project speech at my 7th toastmaster meeting next month!

No comments: