25 February, 2006

My FIRST Slide Phone

Holding on carefully with my left hand as I use my thumb to slide up the sleek and lightweight Samsung D500. The feeling is fantastic! A phone that has it all. This is my first slide phone. Always wanted to get a slide phone but the price of the slide phone is always way too expensive.

My first slide phone, which i had in mind, was Nokia 8850. Its much more slim and sleek, which it was in real matt metal. Even til now I still think that it has the most beautiful design phone over these years. No any other phone can match it. But of course every phone comes with a price. It cost around $800 when it first came out and have never drop lower than $600. Sad to say, it was out of my spending budget!

Yap, no special or extra features. It doesn’t has the latest technology like color graphics or animations, 1.3 mega pixel camera, mp3 player, bluetooth, WAP, 3G etc. What it has was the infrared but it was a very simple and yet a stable phone and stable enough to make calls and sms. And of course, it won’t even getting phone viruses! Although the market has no longer sells it, but it has left a deep impression on me.

It’s quite disheartened to see how unstable or awful appearance Nokia phones are nowadays. How ironic when it was considered the leading mobile technology in the past. Would really appreciate that NOKIA would really come out something nice and good if it still want to keep itself as the top notch leader in the mobile industry.

No comments: