30 December, 2006

I bought a new jeans!

Let you see my new jeans... Nice rite? I like the back pockets keke

I bought a pair of new jeans at Giordano. It is having 50% xmas discounts! Few months back, if you have noticed, Giordano is trying to change its marketing strategy. To push its branding from low cost products to a higher level, to be in par with middle range brand names such as Espirt, Levis... They even renovated their shops and changed their clothes to better designs and quality and so that they can sell their stuffs at a higher cost.

I did a small survey with my friends... i asked them, Giordano has changed so much... if ask you to buy a S$70 jeans from them, would you buy? Their immediate replies are... "You crazy ah... buy a Giordano jeans at $70? No way man! I rather pay slightly more to get Levis Jeans..."

Yah, that’s the point! All along, they have been seen or they have brand their products as low cost with lots of discount. And now, they want to portray the image that they belong to the middle-level range. It’s hard for the shoppers, like us, to accept it... Shoppers like me, are still waiting for their discounts.

I saw this pair of jeans 1 month back. I knew its new marketing strategy, is not going to work for now yet. So I waited. True enough, I got my Giordano jeans at half price. It’s not that I like to wait. It’s because I know that they will drop the price, once people do not think that this pair of jeans worth $70. No doubt, i would say the quality has been improved. People are just still not willing to fork out that kind of money. Why pay more, when you can get less?

Its not so much importance on changing its packaging... Its the mindset of the shoppers, they have to change first...

No comments: