23 December, 2006

Xmas Exchange

During christmas time, the most exciting part is to recieve a gift from your love ones, friends and colleagues. The fun part is you will never know what kind of "strange" gift you will recieve!

Today is my co xmas party at rendenvous hotel. My dear "xiao mei" left her present at her house. We went to PS to buy a new gift. Precious Thoughts is selling a set of nice cultery set at a very reasonable price. Me and my coll were aiming at the gift..

The gift exchange is done in such a way that everyone will be passing the present around until when the music stops, the present that u hold it belongs to u! So during the gift exchange, we were happily passing the presents and searchin for my xiao mei's present. But we couldnt get it becos that person is holding on it!!

All of us got our own presents and we are suppose to open our present on the spot. Most of us got body shop stuffs cos this year packaging is really nice and the prices fall within the budget. I got a card holder, my "er jie" got towel and my "da jie" got a beautiful desktop clock calendar.

Guess what my xiao mei got? She got a body shop bathing pack and comes with a "missing" of bath foam. Do you know why i say it's missing becos that pack should comes with 3 bottles of different fragrance bath foam and that person dont even bother to put something else to fill up the "gap"! The funny part is, we found out that the "missing" bath foam is with another coll! And that person still dare to ask my xiao mei if she like the present or not hahaha.... my xiao mei almost "fainted" loh keke

The most lousy gift in my co, i would say is, someone actually give a $10 NTUC voucher and throw in a prudential calendar inside the present.. but a free calendar??? hmmm...

Yar i know, there are different kinds of people around... Its not about the value of the gift but rather, i feel that every presents that you give it out, should be something that comes from your heart and not giving it because to meet the "target" of the gift exchange value or worse, it has or going to become an white elephant!!!

No comments: