22 September, 2012

Geek Girls Experience

Have a great time at this study group workshop for a month. Almost lost touch with web programming, glad that I picked it up again. Really happy to know some of the cool, geek girls here :)

This workshop is interesting and basically let those girls with no programming background to attend such study group so that they have a better understanding of what web programming language is all about.

Although I have basic web programming knowledge, but I have lost touch for many years. Therefore, I have to relearn all the techniques and terms used in programming. Programming is a skill that you need to use in day in and day out. If not, will be easily forgotten. Even the expert programmers sometimes, they may even need to refer code helps to get some work done.

I am glad that I get to know these group of fun loving girls who have interest in learning the web coding. I like the part where we are assigned to come out with our own designs and programming project that we wanted to do. I really spend a day to conceptualise and design the portfolio and I really love what I do. It is a fun and enjoyable experience. Even when I was sharing my ideas and why I do this project. I could feel that the excitement within me. I enjoyed the learning design process and coming out with the end product, I also enjoyed sharing my knowledge with them as well.

I do hope that I can stay in touch with the geek girls so that I can continue to learn and having a group of like-minded learning friends with me so that we can learn and grow together. :)

No comments: