07 September, 2012

Live Life Fully

This week has been an amazing week because I felt that I'm slowly understand what life is all about. The topic of meaningful of life has been bother me since many years back till I felt a bit numb and a bit of pain, as I couldn't figure out how to deal with my life.

Cruising day by day, seems like it becomes a comforting thing to do. I have questions for what is the meaning of life for many years back. Are our life just sleep, eat, study, work, get married and have kids and depart when time is up? Until this week, after attending Shi an's class about his sharing about the meaning of life. I get some glimpses of wisdom and light.

Shi an shared a video about a professor invited a group of students for a tea session. During the session, the professor prepares a pot of coffee and assorted sets of cups. There are cups made of glass, porcelain, clay, gold, wood etc. He asked the students to choose the cups that they like. All the students picked their cups and looking at each other which cups did their peers choose and starts to compare whether their cups are good enough. The professor saw the situation and said,"It doesn't matter what cups are you holding. Most importantly is the quality of the coffee. The coffee represents our life. How well have we live? The happy person may not have the best of everything. But he made the best out of what he has."

I finally realised that how ignorant I was to look at what cup I was holding without noticing the importance of the quality of my coffee. One fine day, when Buddha ask me how well have I live? How well have I let go? How much have I learn? I really hope that I can answer all these questions.

Yesterday, I attended the "Working with emotions" Workshop. It is an another amazing experience for me. I get to realise that I can make my own choices in my life. I have a couple of "Ah-ha" moments. I am glad that Siew has attended this course with me. Even sometimes life may throw us with some difficult situations, these situations help us to grow wiser and better person. We can always choose a better and positive solutions.

Being appreciative is also makes me realise the goodness of people around me. Compare to last time, I noticed that I didn't resist much about taking positive actions as I know I must do something about my life proactively. Another good news is I realise I love myself. I started to care more about myself. Yes, I was too stingy with myself in the past. Too stingy to the extend that even I did something right, I also felt that it was nothing to be worth sharing and appreciate.

I teared a lot because I was feeling lacked of love and trying to get love from other people. The truth is, of course it didn't work. Self Love is a process of understanding oneself and able to love oneself unconditionally. For example, despite of the good things or bad things that happens, I am still able to love and accept myself unconditionally. That is what self love is all about.

I started to take baby steps out of my own comfort zone, of cos with calculated risk. Life has become more meaningful and interesting. I no longer complain, rather I felt that I am very fortunate. Fortunate that I have loving family, who truly genuinely love me unconditionally. I have a loving and sincere friends who stood by me when times are really bad. What more can I ask, except to take good care of myself and learn the lessons that I need to learn.

Everyone of us has something to learn and share with everyone. As long as open our hearts and learn to love and trust unconditionally, we will feel that we have so much, so much more to give.

I have choose to face my life bravely and appreciate meaningful moments once again. This is the best gift I ever give to myself. Actually it is beyond words... if you understand what I mean..

Here is the quote by Anthony Robbins which I find it very meaningful.

No comments: