14 September, 2014

You are born to shine!

Yesterday, I took part in the Area S3 Humorous Speech and Speech Evaluation contests. I had minor breakthroughs for my humorous and evaluation contests. Thanks for the wonderful guidance from experienced toastmasters, Winson Lim, Darren Tay and Kwan Hong. The common grounds that they have are they have a system in handling the contests and they are flexible enough to make some changes to adapt to the current situation. It is something I need to learn from them.

What I have breakthroughs are:
1) I am starting to break free from my usual way of thinking patterns.
2) I am more open and receptive towards new ideas and learning.
3) I can share my thoughts with other people with less nervousness.
4) I understand that I need to gather my key points and expand them on the spots.
5) I can use every Friday mornings as my training ground.
6) I breakdown my message into points so that I will be able to remember better.
7) I am more confident than before.

It is really powerful to do things that I am fearful about. When I actually do it, my courage and confidence grow tremendously! I very thankful about it. I remembered Darren Tay shared with me that his teacher told him that he is born to shine! I felt inspired too! Now I started to feel and experience that I am born to shine as well! I will continue to learn and expand myself. I am truly grateful to able to have so many good, valuable and experience friends around me. Thank you!

No comments: