30 September, 2014

Repentance

I do have wrong understanding about learning Buddhism is to do good deeds and helping people. I realised that it is more than that, it is to repent on what wrong deeds that we have done in the past and be a better person.

Wen Fang shares with me her own experience that she has fear in driving. Even the fortune teller tells her not to drive. Through her own meditation, she saw that in her past life, she was a reckless driver which caused her own death. Now, every time she drives, she is more mindful and repents.

I personally think that she is courageous. Facing her own problem, instead of avoiding it, she finds ways to resolve it and rebuilt her own confidence in driving.

As for myself, I repent for all the wrong deeds that I have done in this lifetime and my past lives due to greed, hatred and ignorance, I vow to cease all evil deeds and be a good person from this lifetime.

No comments: