20 May, 2008

Enlightment

Over the weekend, I have been listening to Dharama talks - Path of Happiness, given by Ajahn Brahmali, eating vegetarian food and going to Guan Ming Shan for "3 steps one bow" ceremony.

It is a good experience to go through a normal Buddhist should have done. Esp its my first time doing "3 steps one bow" ceremony. I thought would be quite difficult to do since it's my first time. However, I do feel a little bit of tiredness and the pain at my knee cap during the process, but I focus on my mind on the beings of the catastrophe in china, my family and myself.

I perceive this "3 steps one bow" ceremony as a life journey. It's an interesting experience. Enjoy the breeze and feel the different texture on the path... Sometimes in life, when we get to touch the rough stones, sometimes finer stones. During the tough times, we still get to enjoy the cool breeze along the way. No matter what we experienced, we should always try to complete what we started off.

Through the buddhist's teaching, there is no right or wrong path, there is only have cause and effect. Whatever we do now, will affect whatever is going to happen in the future. Whatever happens, it happens for a reason. What may seems wrong but could be right at the end of the day. We shouldn't think too much the good and the bad and just experience our life to the fullest and be responsible for our own actions.

I'm not a true Buddhist yet because I'm still standing outside as an observer. It allows me to think and question from Buddhist's teaching and what can I learn from it eventually.

A true Buddhist is one who has confidence that the Buddha's Enlightenment is what it was - spiritual liberation through the complete realisation of the essential nature of self and all phenomena - which ended all personal suffering, thus attaining True Happiness.

Secondly, a true Buddhist makes an important goal to strive towards the same experience by following the path that Buddha has shown. Crucial on the path to Enlightenment is mindfulness - which leads to the understanding of one and all, giving rise to perfect wisdom and compassion.

No comments: