04 May, 2008

Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve

Today suppose to go with the birthday girl to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve. She last min had a running fever so she cant go. However, i can't fly two of my friend's kite mah just because of her mah.

I know Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve is a "Wu loo" place. But I never expect it to be "Super Wu Loo"... I suggest to take bus 925 from Kranji MRT to wetland, luckily one of my friends says he wants to drive us there.

We reached there about 9am. It's quite a nice place if you like to be embrace by the nature. Chripping of the birds and insects, interesting mangrove structure, spun off spider webs everywhere, active flying fishes and shy monitor lizards!

Don't know what's wrong with me today. My reaction today is very slow. I was super slow until I was being laughed at. Can you imagine we saw 7 monitor lizards walk past me slowly at 7 different places... and yet I can take any shots of them? My friends says my reaction is even slower than monitor lizard loh... yah yah yah...

I'm quite fortunate to see a young monitor lizard. My friend who is a nature lover asked me to take this because it is not moving at all. He even commented, "People use stones to hit monitor lizard in the past. It won't move lah because it still doesn't know the evilness of this world yet." Thanks leh...

Anyway I'm more interesting in this baby monitor lizard, nice skin tan color :) It's skin texture is gold in color and its texture... something new to me.. Okay, I'm just too mountain tortoise le...

I found You!


Body Texture



We took 3 hrs to complete trail walk. Anyone who wish to go, my advise is must go someone who drives :)

Some information on Wetland
How to get there:
Board SMRT Bus 925 from Kranji MRT Station. Alight at Kranji Reservoir
Carpark and walk across the road to the entrance of the trail. It takes an approximate 30-mins walk to the Reserve.

Opening Hours : 7am - 7pm

Admission: $1 on sun & PH, normal day free admission

No comments: