21 May, 2007

Be a useful person

"Be a useful person." Quoted by my shifu one day.

I heard these words of wisdom from my teacher when I was in P1. I seem to forget about this.

It's easy to understand, yet profound. What is the defination of being a useful person?

What great achievements that i have made in the past 29 years? There's none loh. Nothing that will do myself or my family proud.

But it doesn't matter because I am grateful that I had not been picking up smoking, nor taking any drugs. I had to been straying around at nites and I had not been sleeping around.

I'm have great friends around with me to help me and guide me along the way. I'm grateful that my family give me their support despite they dont feel comfortable with my decision.

Useful or not? I guess its what you set your own expectations for yourself to excel. Just like what is the purpose in life and what is the existance for us to live in this world? Only ourselves will able to answer this question.

No comments: