17 May, 2007

Rubberband Buddy

Last weekend, I was super pissed off with a good buddy of mine again. She has a bad habit of lateness. We are supposed to meetup to celebrate her birthday. I plan to meet her at Suntec 7pm then we go and have our night dinner and even thinking of a nice surprise for her...

We exchanged a few smses:
From her: At 5.30pm, "It's raining heavily, let's meet at 7.30pm."
From me: At 7pm, "I will be late for 5mins."
She replied: "It's okay, take your time, why not we meet at 8pm?"
From me: "Alright then."

As I was looking at the clothes when a salesgirl just me if i had taken my dinner already. Then i realised that only its 8.20pm already and this rubberband buddy hasn't turn up yet.

So I asked her where she is.
She replied she is still at Toa Payoh and rushing down to suntec. She even suggested that we meet at AMK Hub and wanted to meet me at AMK Hub and she waited for me there.

This time round, i was really pissed.

I simply replied: "I'm here already. Why cant you plan your schedule properly? Let's meet another day!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The meeting time was supposed to be 7pm. I have finished my shopping, I waited for her from 7.35pm to 8.20pm. I think I have waited long enough. I'm angry not about how much time, i need to wait. I'm angry about how insignificant this birthday dinner meant to her. It's about turning up on time for a friend. It is so simple task and yet she couldn't do it.

Friends told me that she is like that, just let her be. I felt that this should not be the way.

She is a busy person and there are alot of things she need to handle everyday. But that should not be a good excuse to be late. If she thinks this dinner is not worth of her time, then she is wasting my time as well.

She promised me that she will change. I took her promise seriously. Yes i know changes takes time. If I can change for the better, I'm sure she can do it as well. I had already told her that if she ever late for another 15 mins for the next gathering, I will just walked off...

No comments: