01 May, 2007

Penang, here we come!!!

Yeah!!! Back from my 4 Days of Penang trip... Before I went for my trip, I was so looking forward for my Penang trip. When im there, I wished to come back :p It was a great trip. Enjoyed myself there...

Always long to go to Penang, finally had the chance to go there. We took 9 hours of bus coach. Didn't slept well in the coach, my whole body ached. After I washed up, I felt so energised again. We stayed at Paradise Sandy Bay, it's nice hotel with beach by the side :) Although the hotel service is a bit slow but they are quite friendly people. Wanted to swim at the beach but there was a sign saying that jelly fishes lurking around. So sadz...

During our first day, we wanted to walk the heritage trail so we took their public transport to Georgetown. The ride only cost us RM$1.50. We are quite unlucky in the sense that it rains and the bus is moving slow....ly and it leaks!!! Instead of feeling grouchy, me and tes are busy taking photos and the passengers must be thinking that we are mad!

Although we had the map, we just couldn't find the trail. But we found the famous and original Chengdol and Assam Lasak at P. Penang. They indeed deserved their name. The lasak has the "dong dong" feeling and the soup tasted delicious keke :)

When we reached Penang, there is a friendly cab uncle wanted to bring us around. But his charges are simply too high, RM$250 for a day trip! Luckily we found another cab driver only RM$150. He is quite quiet uncle. But when we start talking to him, he is quite warm and talkative and he is quite humourous... Kept us entertain non stop the whole day... What a fun and tiring day...

During the last day, Tes wanted to buy famous "dou sa bin". We called up and try to ask for order. But the shop owner refused to take the order, wanted us to go there and collect. He told us the shop location; mention 168, at Jalan Burmah and its just 15mins walk. We thought quite near.

God knows... we walked and walked for 20 minutes, still not there yet. I saw no 169. But there's no 168 loh... asked one of the shop owner, she told us.. it’s at the end of the road quite near. Yah Quite NEAR loh.. End up we walked another 10 more mins then reached the place.

Went we reached there, there is a short queue le. I'm not a fan of "dou sa bin" but such a long walk with my heavy haversack on my back, in such a hot weather. I have decided to buy one box!

The "dou sa bin" is not buying off the shelves one.. We need to wait. The shop owner told us need to wait for half hour. But no loh.. We queued for an hour! The people in front of us bought at least 8-10 boxes one loh... One even bought 2 cartons loh.

Finally... finally we managed to get our freshly hot piping "dou sa bin". We never eat "dou sa bin" fresh from the oven before. We decided to walk back, take photo and eat in front of the shop haha... yah indeed it is nice and delicious haha. All wait is worth it :)

It's a nice trip! Great hotel, Great beaches and Great food! What more can I asked? I want to go back to Penang again keke...

PS: We took sunrise at the beach and I saw my rainbow again!!! It lasted for half an hour :)

No comments: