26 February, 2008

CNY Co Dinner 2008

If you can remember, my last year company chinese new year dinner was at Roland Restuarant. It was the worse "D&D" dinner I ever had. Wrong place, wrong crowd. Here is the recap.

Photobucket

The "clever HR" go and fix our company dinner on friday, a date that everyone is busy with the airshow. As my whole marcom team is too tired running the airshow event for these few days. They need to rest. Therefore, I represent my whole marcom team to go for this year dinner.

I tell myself this year, I will repeat the same mistake again. Knowing my HR will anyhow allocate the seat for me, I personally told HR who I want to sit this time round. True enough, the HR people screwed up this time again. They want me to sit with them again!!!

Eat with them is worse than eating alone. No conversation, no smiling, just focusing on what the food is being served and eating. No way manz, one time bad experience is enough for me.

I told them right from the beginning that I want to sit with my colleagues whom I know and I asked them to add in one more chair. Being stick in the mud, of course they turned down it down flatly. I simply refused to give in this time, ignoring what they say, I went in to sit with my colleagues. I'm quite lucky that one of my colleagues came in late and the other guy had to leave early for the nite. Eventually, I got to sit where I wanted.

This year was at Safra Mount Faber. The MC is quite humorous and the games played are quite interactive, mostly on focusing on teamwork. Some how my table is the lucky one, keep getting "saboed" by the MC. Besides, games, we had a few guys singing for us, invited local version of "Shang Liu Mei" as comedian guest and a simple magic show. I shared my last year "7th month Co dinner" experience with my colleagues, they were laughing about it. Urgh...

Yes, this time round with the right crowd, atmosphere became right and although the food was equally lousy, but I did enjoy myself. The crowd does make a big difference.

No comments: