26 August, 2008

I can't see, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist

I was looking at some abstract art paintings from 1900s today. Some of the meanings behind the paintings I can understand but some were too abstract that I can't tell what does the artist is trying to illustrate. Perhaps the artist was trying to hide something but he will still leave some clues behind for the viewer to spot.

"Cubism was a product of sight
New Art forms were derived from nature
Abstract Art was a product of thought
New Art forms were derived from mind & soul
Not a question of style but one's intention."

PS: The painting was painted by Picasso - Girl With Mandolin in cubism form. Cubism is a non objective school of painting and sculpture developed in Paris in the early 20th century, characterized by the reduction and fragmentation of natural forms into abstract, often geometric structures usually rendered as a set of discrete planes.

Now I understand NO ARTWORK is rubbish. Did we really SEE the real intention before we place our judgement down?

"I can't see, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist."

No comments: