28 December, 2008

Night Safari

The last time I could remember last visit to Night Safari was 10 over years. During that time, I was a bit upset by the place because all I could remember was to sit in the tram and I could see nothing else except the darkness and hidden night animals.

When my friend asked me if I'm interested to go to Night Safari, I decided to give this place a second chance, after all it has been 10 over years. We took bus 138 and it was a super crowded weekend, probably its a holiday season. We queue almost 15 mins and the buying ticket queue has not been moving at all.

Luckily, I went to a special counter to get the map and it sells the tickets as well. That shortened the waiting time. I overheard an auntie was complaining that her kids that they had to wait almost an hour just to get the tickets.

Anyway, as we entered the entrance, we still have to queue to go in. It took us another 20 mins. The silliest thing they did was they only allow one person at a time. People just refused to wait by then and tried to start pushing and cut queue. By the time we went in, it was already 8.20pm.

There were 3 main trails, compared to the past experience, at least this time round I get to walk around the trails and see much more night animals such as the eagle owl, bats, flying squirrel, hippo, pucupins, hyena, civet, leopard cats but most of the animals are resting. Fortunately, we saw the malayan tiger walking towards us and it was as close as 30cm away from us.

I wanted to snap some photos of the animals but my camera is obviously not good enough and no flash photography is allowed. I just let myself immersed with the nature and the walk. Although the website claimed that they had total number of 1040 animals in the safari, but we never get to see so many animals there, probably it was too dark.

The night show was quite entertaining and look at those cute little animals performing, thrilled me.

The ticket seller insisted that we must buy the tram tickets and we bought. However, by the time, we walked finished the trail walks and finished the night show, it was already 11.15pm lor... We hurried back to the bus stop to catch the night bus.

What a night! Probably I will visit again 20 years later lol...

No comments: