01 January, 2008

The Brand NEW Beginning

For the first time, i choose to stay at home and start counting down the time before the clock strikes at 12am. Not too sure if it's i'm getting too old or doesn't have the heart to welcome the new year. To me, every day is the brand new day. Therefore, my new year theme is the "Brand new beginning".

Talking about new year resolution, I don't understand why everyone must makes new year resolutions at the beginning of the year? I stopped having a new year resolutions since i was primary 6. Actually to me, it doesnt really matter. Things or your mindset may change at the middle of the year, so what happens with the resolutions we have made in the beginning of the year? I guess most probably you can't remember what resolutions you have set for yourself. It is tough for me bcos all my new year resolutions never fulfilled and what's the point of having so many if i dont even care if i achieve them or not.

But this year, i felt that i should have just 2 simple and attainable resolutions. First of all, I need to find peace with myself and showing gratitude to others as well as myself. That's got to do with the talk that i went to. "Happiness & Gratitude" talk given By Ajahn Brahm. He talks about how to show gratitude towards our family and friends. By showing gratitude, we will find the true happiness within our heart.

I bought his first book "Opening the door of your heart" few months back and i find it that the stories that he said, does makes a lot of senses. In fact, all of us knew about it, it is just that we don't practise it. Good practises don't appear over the night. It takes day by day, month by month or even one year after another year before we can make these good practises become a habit in our life.

Wish me luck and i hope i could achieve these 2 simple resolutions that i set for myself in this coming year 2008.

No comments: