06 January, 2008

Photography is just a form of art

Yesterday was one of the longest "working" hours in photography. We started off quite early, "Worked" from 9.30pm til 1pm at Chinese Garden. It was quite a fruitful trip for me cause I'm still exploring how to take wonderful pixs through my eyes.

I felt that the theme for the day is "Photography is just another form of art." It's been quite sometime since i felt in love with my own photos again. It's so amazing how nature has created beautiful pieces of artworks just right in front of me. When i keep finding excuses for myself that i couldn't see any nice scenes, nice angles.

In the matter of fact, all I have to do is use my heart to feel for them, to capture them at the right moment. It has makes me appreciate nature more. For the first time, I just want to capturing my visuals in the most artistic way. I just want to capture moments that I feel for. It doesn't matter if others see the same view as me, I just couldn't care less.

The photos which I felt so amazing about, were the photos that I took at the fountain or mininature waterfall (whatever u want to call it). Simply using the Neutral Density(ND) filter to create the misty effect which i love it very much.

I remembered asking someone how to create the misty effect that person just told me using slow shutter speed can achieve the effect already. Tried a couple of times with my A640 but couldnt get it, thinking that my camera is not good enough and will need to use a DSLR.

To my surprise, by using this ND filter even by using a proconsumer camera, i could actually creating such effects. I was so excited about it, and almost forget everything about creating nice composition for the scene. Will try nicer composition for the next time haha :)

Photos can be view here.

No comments: