11 January, 2008

A little girl with BIG, BIG heart

I'm not too sure today consider my lucky day or my bad day. I had missed getting off my bus again, not because i was sleeping but rather I was too involved reading an article on the bus this morning.

It was promoting a book called "Ashley - The little girl who loved" written by an freelance author, Heng San San. This book is to commemorate Ashley's death and to recover from her own's grief.

The mother was inspired by Ashley's optimism and innocence even when she had to undergo painful treatment. What touches me is that the author says, "When we were packing her clothes, she wanted me to donate them to the poor. She told me,"When I go to heaven, I just need one set of clothes."

At the age of 7, with such a young age, she was so compassionate about the poverty. It was remarkable act.

The proceeds are going to the Philippines to fund education programmes for children in poverty.

For those who are interested to buy the book, at a price of $25, email bookashley@gmail.com

No comments: