06 April, 2014

Hindu Wedding

Recently, I met Chenlee at "How to make Ideas into Profits" workshop. We built rapport very soon and as we chat, she told me that she will be having her wedding soon. I was happy for her. I was very curious about her wedding as she and her hubby will be going through a Hindu Wedding. I asked if I can attend her wedding. With a big heart, she said yes and sent me a well designed Indian wedding invitation card.

It is quite an interesting experience. Having a Hindu wedding at the temple is similar as having a Christian wedding in the Church. They had rituals for the bridegroom, followed by, bride, bride and bridegroom parents and finally back to the bride and bridegroom. The whole procedure is traditional and formal. However, there are still interesting parts which I quite enjoy myself.

What I like best is the throwing of Indian Rice at the wedding couple as they tied the knots. According to Indians, they believe that throwing the Indian Rice at the couple is symbolize showers of blessings. It will be better if the rice can land on the couple heads. Even myself feel happy and blessed after throwing the rice at the couple.

The interesting game that they play is the bride and bridegroom will try to put the flower ring around each other. The first person who did it first, will have the say in future in their marriage. This is pretty interesting segment of the wedding.

After the wedding ritual, the couple sat at the sofa to wait for family and friends to come forward to take photos with them. As I don't know the procedures, I quickly went up to the stage to have the first photo-taking.

Oh yar, forgot to mention about the great Indian vegetarian meal I had at the temple and I get to know an American lady, also known as Rachel :D

Really to thanks Chenlee and Vinresh for giving me this opportunity to attend my first Hindu wedding :D May they be filled with joy and blessing for their marriage.

No comments: