18 April, 2014

Ups and Downs

Life is a miracle. It provides hope and opportunities everyday. Today is special day for me as it is not only my mum's birthday, the birth of bodhisattvas and it is a Good Friday.

I went to the bank to update my bank book. The amount go back to 2 years ago where I had my last salaried pay during that time, Aug 2012. Without any much finance literacy, on 17 Nov 2012, I was shocked to realize that in my bank account I was left with $13.40. How pathetic I was!

I didn't realize money is important until I saw $13.40! Perhaps $13.40 can only provide me the most 4 meals. How can I survive? How to clear my debts? How can I move on from here? Thinking to myself, I need a job! However, I do not want to work for people. (Still determine about it! Even I had only $13.40 in my bank account)

I needed a workable solution immediately.

I started to tell people I am doing designing in graphics and website designing. Thankfully through word of mouth, my first project came in that I managed to close at a couple of hundreds. At least, that could cover my daily expenses for the time being. I started to think that I would want to expand my workload, I started to be more aggressive, telling my friends that I am looking for projects, if there are any design "lobang", just let me know! I can't be selective, I just take one project after another.

A friend of mine, introduce me to BNI, Business Networking International. A morning networking place where all business owners come together to help each other, through word of mouth to get qualified referrals. I am very thankful to get some qualified leads there and make some money. Moreover, Alvin who is my old business contact, he has been helping me a lot to clinch bigger and well established government agencies, which makes my income much more stable and increase my profit.

Now, my mindset has shifted. Money is an energy. When I feel I deserve the money, it will come to me naturally. Last time, I don't think money is important. Hence, my money was limited. Now, I realise that with money, I can do even more good deeds and contribute even more to the society. It feels wonderful to have money as I can see the benefits of having money for the right purpose and right intention. I genuinely hope that I am able to put my money into good use and benefit more people. This is my ultimate goal.

In order to keep my business going and stable, I have registered my company. I could see the vision in 10 years time to have a company at one of the shophouses, with loving colleagues who can work hand in hand with me to build the business together.

Looking where I am at, seeing the reality clearly and still being hopeful at that time, I am able to grow so much as make myself a stronger and more reliable person. It is like a transformation for me. Now, my focus currently would be to see my business at a greater heights and bring in more businesses to my design agency. I am really excited and I feel charged up because I finally I see that I can grow to be wiser and more capable when I believe in myself and do my best in everything that I do. I have no regrets and I felt appreciative towards myself, my family and my friends who genuinely wish to see me succeed and be who I am.

The Downs make me understand that there are learnings I need to know so that I can be back on track again. The Ups make me understand that the things which I have done right and done well. Thank you the Universe, thank you Buddha, thank you lots of bodhisattvas and thank you people!

1 comment:

DReaMY said...

Jia You!
haha.. $ when use rightly can be a powerful motivator... :P

My "awkening" moment came, when without realising what has happened, my 3mths worht of Bonus just disappeared, within a short time span, and not even knowing where the money has gone to.

That wakeup call made me think , and re-adjust my own saving/spending habit.. and hey, coz of that wakeup call abt 3-4 years ago, i'm able to get my own home today! :p

hehehe JY to us both!! even though our means is different, ultimately, we can achieve what we want... :)