10 November, 2014

100 grateful things, Day 1

A new friend, Elizabeth challenged me to take up 100 grateful things we are grateful for the next 7 days. I took up the challenge and we do it together.

Today is my first day so I shall start with appreciating what I am and what I have:
1. I am grateful to meet Elizabeth, get to know her better to take up this 7 days of gratitude.
2. I am grateful to be able to wake up every morning.
3. I am grateful to be able to breathe normally.
4. I am grateful to be able to eat and taste the food that I need into my body.
5. I am grateful to be able to run around in the park for my exercise routine.
6. I am grateful to be able to appreciate beautiful things that is happening in my life.
7. I am grateful to be able to walk normally.
8. I am grateful to be able to brush my teeth on my own.
9. I am grateful to be able to find joy in painting.
10. I am grateful to kick away drinking alcohol habit to protect my own health.
11. I am grateful to be able to exercise with my exercise kakis.
12. I am grateful to be able to wash and wear my own clothes.
13. I am grateful to be able to do some yoga postures to train my flexibility.
14. I am grateful to be able to dance.
15. I am grateful to be able to learn drawing on my own.
16. I am grateful to be able to reduce my tv addiction.
17. I am grateful to be able to live in a loving home.
18. I am grateful to be able to travel around at ease.
19. I am grateful to have a healthier body, through exercising and healthy food regularly.
20. I am grateful to to be inspired by Buddha for his perfection of compassion and wisdom.
21. I am grateful to be kind.
22. I am grateful to be generous.
23. I am grateful to be courageous.
24. I am grateful to be diligent.
25. I am grateful to be a loving person.
26. I am grateful to be able to help other people when they need.
27. I am grateful to be able to listen with empathy.
28. I am grateful to be able to care for others.
29. I am grateful to have insights each day of my life.
30. I am grateful to be able to shine some light of wisdom in others.
31. I am grateful to be healthier.
32. I am grateful to be more organise.
33. I am grateful to be able to accept who I am.
34. I am grateful to be peaceful with myself.
35. I am grateful to feel joy within myself.
36. I am grateful to be able to share my joy with others.
37. I am grateful for the lessons which I have overcome.
38. I am grateful for people who care about me.
39. I am grateful to be able to appreciate my body better.
40. I am grateful to be able to give a dollar to a stranger who needs to take transport back home.
41. I am grateful to be able to live my life through passion.
42. I am grateful to be able to beautify people lives.
43. I am grateful to be receptive towards criticism.
44. I am grateful to work in a safe environment.
45. I am grateful to live in a safe country.
46. I am grateful to have patience with myself when things go wrong.
47. I am grateful to be able to resolve issues and find solutions.
48. I am grateful to be able to do volunteer at age of 30.
49. I am grateful to build goodwill with others.
50. I am grateful to be able to love animals more.
51. I am grateful to be a Buddhist at the age of 33, which helps me to be a better person.
52. I am grateful to gain clarity through asking.
53. I am grateful to be able to make beautiful things with my hands.
54. I am grateful to have freedom to do things which I enjoy.
55. I am grateful to have a seat whenever I need it.
56. I am grateful to have a grateful heart.
57. I am grateful to be able to appreciate music.
58. I am grateful to be blessed.
59. I am grateful to be able to enjoy even a glass of plain water.
60. I am grateful to be able to serve others while being served by others.
61. I am grateful to be able to bath from fresh, clean water.
62. I am grateful to be able to drink clean water.
63. I am grateful to be able to receive nutrients from the food.
64. I am grateful to be able to read and educate myself.
65. I am grateful to be able to impart my knowledge to others.
66. i am grateful to be able to share the merits with people.
67. I am grateful to learn how to cook simple meals.
68. i am grateful to be able to overcome my life challenges.
69. I am grateful to overcome my own fears.
70. I am grateful to accept my own flaws.
71. I am grateful to allow changes in my life to make life better.
72. I am grateful to be more open-minded.
73. I am grateful to be able to finish my work timely and smoothly.
74. I am grateful to be able to take care of myself.
75. I am grateful to be able to lead my own life.
76. I am grateful to be able to complete 80% of my goals that I have set.
77. I am grateful to be able to look within myself and see my self-worth.
78. I am grateful to be able to transform my mistakes as learning and not to repeat them again.
79. I am grateful to be able to find values in everyday living.
80. I am grateful to appreciate myself better.
81. I am grateful to be able to detach myself from material wants.
82. I am grateful to be creative.
83. I am grateful to be able to sleep peacefully.
84. I am grateful to have the strength to carry on with life.
85. I am grateful to be able to let go unhappiness easily and embrace new experiences.
86. I am grateful to be able to console myself when things are not rosy.
87. I am grateful to be able to value time more and adopt "Time is precious" mindset.
88. I am grateful to receive excellence service award in 2005.
89. I am grateful to take part in photography exhibition in 2008. I did my first photography exhibition.
90. I am grateful to take part in creative art "Stigma" exhibition in 2013. This exhibition is to create awareness about mental health awareness. I did my first art installation and named in "I am stronger than my challenges".
91. I am grateful to take part in creative art "Portions of Blessings" exhibition in 2013. This is exhibition to exhibit everyone of us has our own portions of blessings. I did my first acrylic painting and named it "Abundance of Blessings".
92. I am grateful to take part in NANAS Charity Art Sale, organised by Art Social Haus. Partaking in this meaningful fundraising event. I am in the mist of working in this small art piece.
93. I am grateful to volunteer myself as a dharma teacher for 2 years, preparing for the 3rd year with greater responsibilities and learnings.
94. I am grateful to take part in the running events, 5km run, which I surprised myself that I can actually complete within 45 mins.
95. I am grateful to educate myself for a quality living.
96. I am grateful to be able to travel to many countries to broaden my horizon.
97. I am grateful to be with nature for relaxation, appreciating mother earth for what she has provided for me.
98. I am grateful to live life as it is.
99. I am grateful to be able to live another day.
100. I am grateful to be able to pen down 100 grateful things and events about myself within a day! This amazes me haha :D

No comments: