16 March, 2008

Perspectives

Today I learnt how to draw 1 point perspectives. It's fun and interesting. Now I have better understanding of perspectives. Different eye-level will create different perspectives. I swear that NO drawing instructor has ever taught me about such a basic thing until today! Perhaps they expect us to know, as it is quite common sense thing. After looking at the good works from some of my classmates with some drawing backgrounds, I think it is very important to know where light comes from and how the shadows and highlights will makes the object more realistic.

The big problem with me is that I don't like observe things. I feel that it's waste of time. No wonder I always find that my still life drawings always seems so weird to me because I have drawing in wrong porportion and perspectives. It really makes me kind of demoralise and doesn't want to try anymore. Perhaps that's why I all along, never had any intention to making it better.

The drawing teacher shared with us as a beginner in drawing, we tends to be very forceful with our sketches and lots of unclear lines. The artwork becomes hard and unrealistic. When we builds up our confidence in drawing, we tends to draw much more at ease and the sketches are much lighter now. The artwork becomes interesting and lively.

What touches my heart is, she said,"Don't be afraid to make mistakes. The more mistakes you made, the better you will become."

I have wasted enough time to give myself too many excuses. I have decided to do that anymore. There is no such thing as cannot draw. It's a matter of whether I want to put in the time and effort to horne my skills.

No comments: