10 March, 2008

Reconnect with Eleanor

It has been a long time since I chat with my dear friend of mine, Eleanor. 6 long years, we never chat, never call each other, never even sms. Our connection just cut off just like that... I decided to give her a call last night and we chatted for 4 hours non stop, topics are endless, there were no uncomfortable pauses, despite both of hp batteries went flat, we just continued our conversation on the phone on and on...

She was one of my very close primary school classmates. I used to go to Eleanor's place to eat, play, sleep and study. Her house has become like my second home. Her grandma treated me like her own grand daughter. Always worried that I don't have enough to eat. That explains my size right now haha... Despite of our differences in character, I just like to hang out with Eleanor. Perhaps opposite character attracts.

Beside Adeline, she used to be one of the confidants when we were young. Three of us just hit off very well because I find that their characters are very real, they speak out their minds with no hidden agenda. They always say me being too soft, too nice, will get bullied. When I looked back, perhaps they did try to bully me but I was too nice to them. Eventually, they decided not to bully me anymore. haha :) Anyway, I always tell them that even if people want to take advantage of me, so be it.

Perhaps they are just being too straightforward and playful, we often gets ourselves into minor troubles in school. My results were quite good, being a good student in my teachers' eyes, they always tell me not to hang out with these two people. The teachers always say to me when I hang out with bad students, you will become bad as well. But I couldn't care less, I just feel comfortable hanging out with them.

The teaching style in the past is stereotype, so are those good students. Without adding some spice in our school life, it can be too boring for us! We drew pictures on our desks and textbooks, went early to the school just to copy good students homework so that we have more time to play, skipping classes when we dislike that teacher, we even broke one of glass windows in the classroom.

I remembered one vivid incident that how we caused our form teacher lost her ranking in a competition. Every year, we have "clean and green competition" for the classrooms. During our Primary 4, our form teacher was quite anxious about this competition. She took her own personal time just to decorate the classroom. One of the teachers, out of courtesy, asked us whether we want those unwanted pots of plants from her classroom. Thinking that it’s a kind gesture from this teacher, we brought those unwanted pots of plants back into our classroom, without arranging them nicely. Just happened that afternoon day was the judging day for the competition, we made our first glory for our classroom, first ranking from the bottom. Our form teacher became a laughing stock, she nearly hit the roof. No matter how hard we tried to explain ourselves, she just made us stood out of the classroom for 3 hours. Haizzz...

But instead of feeling a sense of guilty, I think that was fun. After all, these naughty stuffs that we did in the past, will always be our little childhood memories.

Do you know how difficult it is, to get yourself into trouble in such a strict discipline school, unless you want to be the "unwelcome" hero. To me, we are just being playful and should not be labeled as rebellious.

Ever since we left school, due to our different lifestyle and hectic working life, we no longer that close and keep in contact. She always has a place in my heart. Last night, I just have the urge to give a call to this old friend, to find out how is my dear friend doing in her life and so I did! I felt that everything has changed between us but only our friendship remains strong and bonded :)

No comments: