17 March, 2008

What spurs you to move on?

My friend threw me a tough question for me to reflect: At your darkest hour of your life, what spurs you on to go on and continue with your life?

Without thinking, I replied immediately, "Of course, my family and friends."

She continues: "What happens at your darkest hour, your family and friends are not even around with you, what you will do?"

After much thought, I replied: "When I'm at the most depressed moment, I heard my inner voice telling me, I just need to endure awhile longer and I will see the light and I did."

She probes further: "What happens if you can’t even hear your inner voice?"

After thinking through the night, I think it is still my own willpower and my life philosophy that I have built over the years. When I was young, I always felt insecure, I wanted people to reassure me that I'm good and I'm doing the right thing. The truth is I'm not happy doing the right thing that the "wise men" said. I'm too scared and afraid to tell them that, "Hey, this is not how i feel".

When I look back, so what next? I'm old enough to judge and decide for my own life. There are certain things I know that I need to do, and I want to fulfil. I can't living under people's expectations all the time. I'm just too tired.

I think no one can be with us all the time, sometimes I really got to push myself much harder than before, get on my feet and move towards to my own goals closer. For some people, religion might be able to help to gain their self confidence and self esteem back after being defeated badly. A ray of hope is believed to be seen when times are really, really bad. But then I believed that we will be able to stand back on our feet to move on.

I watched a movie that ever said this: The sad thing about life is you can never return where you came from but the happy thing about life is there is no need for you to do that. Every good and bad experiences is part of you and that makes you as a person of who you really are.

Just follow your heart... where your heart brings you to find your true happiness...

*This is my last blog i'm going to write for this week as i'm going away for my short holiday to genting for a few days... :)

No comments: