07 March, 2008

Sick after IT SHOW

Not feeling well today after went for IT Show last night. That place is so crowded with people that you can hardly walk... Wanted to get a laptop for myself for my work. All the laptops are using Window Vista, last year they still allowed user to use Windows XP but this year they refused and they still said that if I downgraded to Windows XP, my warranty would be void. I think it sounds a bit ridiculous.

All laptop promoters were too eager to sell their laptops to me. One of the Acer sales guys, was super enthusiastic about giving me all the freebies that he can think of, almost irresistible and he almost "threaten" that if I don't sign up with him now. I will not be able to get the freebies. I simply told him that I don’t go for freebies. He was quite shocked with my reply, gave me his namecard and said that all freebies he mention will be given to me once I have decided to buy the laptop from him. After working with marketing people for so many years, I know that Freebies is just one of the marketing tactics in getting the sales...

Anyway, I don't really feel comfortable using Vista since the NEW OS is still so unstable and heard from my IT support friend said he always have to troubleshoot Vista nowadays due to a lot of incapability with the printers and graphics softwares. It looks so much different from Windows XP, I need to get used to the new environment. I don’t want to stick with a laptop that I not comfortable with.

I think I will use an iBook instead because at least Mac, I have used before and it's still considered a much more stabled OS.

Woke up middle of the night feeling stomach bloated and having fever. Went to see doctor today, doctor says I had stomach flu... I guess I have been eating too much oily stuff recently... have to be more cautious about the food I eat and rest more already... Hopes that I get well soon...

No comments: