28 April, 2008

Patience

There is a statement that caught my eye: "It's a pain to wait for something but it's a blessing to be able to wait for it."

Indeed, one is somehow blessed to be wait. We need to learn how to wait, how to maintain an undying confidence, how to bear looses and gains (and so-called "successes" and "failures" in our career) with a simple calmness that persists regardless of circumstances.

Let me share with you a story a man who wants to master kongfu.
He went to find a highly skillful monk.
"I want to master the kongfu."
"Ok, that will take 10 years." Monk replied.
"Huh, 10 years is way too long, any faster way?"
"Hmmm, that will take 20 years." Monk replied calmly.
"What why it has become 20 years, it is just way too long, I want to do it as soon as possible."
"If that's the case, I think it will take 30 years." Monk smiles.

Many a times, people want to gain success within a short period of time. Sometimes the more you are impatience, the more difficult it will become. Simply because you dont allow yourself to learn and grow. You just want to have the shortcut way. These shortcut way will not bring you anywhere. Simply because you don't have the proper foundation at all. It is just a short-term glory. It doesn't reflect the true success.

I'm quite an impatient person at times. I want to get certain things done quickly, sometimes it just don't work. Perhaps, I will learn faster if I have more patience and allow myself to learn.

Recently, I took up yoga class, there is a simple posture, all my classmates seem to do that at ease but i just couldn't do it. I keep trying and trying and I thought it was my balancing problem. However, the yoga instructor told me that it is because my mind was filled with too many things. I just unable to focus. She adviced me try to relax and be patience... Rather soon, I can do that particular posture at ease.

I realised that a true success needs to go through trials and trials of grilling of problem solving and hardship. We have to do everything that is being tasked to do. You can't always choose the things you like to do.

Nowadays I took a step back, I plan my schedule. If there are any unforeseen circumstances, I dealt with a more positive way and patience, trying my best to resolve it.

No comments: