30 April, 2008

Overcome Swimming phoebia Yeppie!

I took up swimming lessons during Primary school days. During that time, the coach didn’t do a good job and how I got water phobia was at my last swimming lesson. We were asked to jump down from the diving board and since then I had my water phobia.

We took up swimming lessons since Dec because Adeline says that she wants to overcome her water phobia as well. Due to the bad weather, we have been missing all the lessons; Finally, Today I’m able to attend my 6th swimming lessons. I was not confidence about swimming again due to lack of practice. After a few rounds of "testing" water at the medium pool, I finally use my courage to overcome my water phobia. I managed to swim in frog style across the pool without feel much fear in it.

I realised that when I learn a skill, I really got to focus on what I'm doing and tries to apply 100% within my capability. It will be much easier for me to digest and learn. The swimming instructor is very strict but yet he is patience with me. He knows exact where my mistakes lies and correct me immediately. He still jokes that if I were about to die, he will be the first to rescue me... Thanks to him that I have overcome my water phobia. I think very soon I should able to swimming one full lap without fear :)

I feel that it is important to have a proper training and a good coach, really does makes a difference to a person who wants to learn but doesn't have the skills yet.

No comments: