18 June, 2008

吉祥三宝

My mum introduced me this song few years back. I always wanted to download this song but never have a chance to find it. Until today, Xiao Mei played it on her pc and I got really excited.

I really likes the simple meaning of this song because mongolians cherish their family values deeply, which was reflected in this song. It created a warm feeling and expressed the wonderful affection among family members. It really warms my heart and brightens up my day. I will try to upload this mp3 in here :)

"My three precious" is a ballad by a Mongolian composer, Bu Ren Ba Ya Er. This song was originally composed as a birthday gift to his three-year old daughter. It was written as far as 14 years ago.

This mongolian song was converted into chinese version and is sung by a little girl and her parents. In the lyrics, the littler girl asks her parents what are the Sun, the Moon, the Stars and all other "silly" questions while her parents tell her they are the precious–three-treasure, painting a harmonious picture of life’s basic joys. At the end, the little girl knew not about what the heavenly bodies and the plants are, but when she asks about her family, she knows that it is a precious part of her life.

"My Three Precious" is not a pop music that you will hear on billboard, not a classical music that is worshipped by musicians. However, it is a song that is easy to remember, to sing along the first time one hears it. After all, a great ballad is not measured by how many awards it received, but by number of hearts it touches.

My Three Precious Lyrics

----- Mongolian song 吉祥三宝-----

Daughter: Papa
Dad: Yeah
Daughter: Does the moon go home after the sun’s rising?
Dad: Oh, yep
Daughter: Then where is the sun after stars’ appearing?
Dad: Oh, in the sky
Daughter: But why can’t I find them?
Dad: Oh, they’ve all gone home
Chorus:The sun, the star and the moon, what a happy family they three are!

Daughter:Mama
Mum: Yeah
Daughter: When will the flowers bloom since the leaves are green?
Mum: Oh, in summer
Daughter: Can we pick the fruits since the flowers are red?
Mum: Oh, in autumn
Daughter: Will the seeds bud when they are planted?
Mum: Oh, they will grow
Chorus:The flower, the leaf and the fruit, what a happy family they three are!

Dad & Mum:Honey
Daughter: Yep
Dad & Mum:Papa is like the sun shining on Mama
Daughter: How about Mama
Dad & Mum:Mama is like the leaves holding up the flowers
Daughter: Then me
Dad & Mum:You are just like the budding seed
Daughter: Oh, yep
Chorus: What a happy family we three are!

No comments: