17 June, 2008

Breach of trust & professionalism

My friend asked me to help him with his company website because he no longer able to trust the webmaster. He did complain to me about the webmaster a few times before. That webmaster was always trying to smoke his way through. I have seen the website before, it was in a mess, wrong color combination, slow download and weird background sound, basically the webmaster has screwed up the whole website.

I suggest to my friend that he should backup the site before the webmaster tried to be funny. True enough before he could even asked, the webmaster was very unethical to remove the entire website.

I was shocked and disappointed by the webmaster's professionalism. How could he wipe off the entire website just like that? That's not the way to do things.

Why is it once we have breach the trust, professionalism has to suffer? When we are angry, we will have negative thoughts. We should really control our emotions, not to get the negative thoughts into negative actions.

I did ask myself if I were the webmaster. Will I behave in this way? No. I will not. I feel even if the trust is no longer there, professionalism should still uphold. With this kind of bad attitude in work, even he works else where he will have problems working with anyone...

No comments: