06 June, 2008

President's Forum

Every half a year, my Co will have President's Forum. This is the 3rd time, I have attended, which means I have worked in this company more than 1 and the half years. Time really flies...

In President's Forum, my Co president will share with us our achievements, our company directions and his own philosophy. When I first joined this company, I was thinking to myself, why this president talk until so ah beng?

When I get to know him better, he has a warm and friendly personality. He likes to crack jokes. He has a set of basic principles in Business Dealings: 信 义 仁 which means whatever business that we do, we must have Integrity,Commitment and Compassion.

Yesterday, he shared with us this line:

一万军离心,不如百人同心

He shared with us the importance of teamwork. He always try his best to align everyone's mindset together, so that 4000+ of us are heading the same direction as him.

What I always enjoyed is the Q & A session because this is the best time where you can whack any questions and Co President look into the matters. There are always a few jokers coming out with funny questions and asking him for his answers or opinions. Eg some minor complains about the toilets, carpark lots and canteen aunties. Of course, our Co President has never failed to reply them with his humor.

Compared the leadership from the past to our modern days, leadership has evolved from strict and ridge way to a democratic and liberal way of leading the people. Once you have gained strong leadership skills, your people are more than willing to work for you whole heartedly with dedication.

No comments: