23 June, 2008

Going forward or moving backwards?

Today I received an email requested me to revamp the whole corporate presentation slides, using the ugly template created by our parent company with immediate effect. According to the dictionary "with immediate effect" means "now!" which means i have to change the entire 70+ slides now!

I was abit shocked as we have been using our own templates created all these while and we agreed to make our slides professional as well as interesting in the design because all of us felt that the preso slides are boring and dull.

With the request from the parent company, all seem to change. The reason is because they want to cut down the ink on printed materials. Now they want to go back where it belongs to the old and dull template.

I still remembered a year ago, they wanted to change the whole corporate preso because they feel that it's dull and boring, lack of colors. It took me a long time going through the painful process of getting the informations and cracking my brain to design the backgrounds and layout of the preso.

The reason of having a creative design for the presentation is to impressed with the clients so that the clients will not feel too bored with the same design over and over and get excited over our products.

Can you imagine yourself looking at nearly 70 slides for the same boring and ugly design template when the contents are already quite dull?

Anyway, my boss agrees with me with the ugly template however she tells me it unnecessary to get so worked up. If there are no changes, there won't be an existance for our jobs. So just do what is being told.

I am thinking loud to myself, perhaps if they stick back to the original dull and boring slides, I wouldn't even be hired here as a designer. Perhaps few months down the road, the co is too bored with the ugly template will change again, right?

It might be a good thing to KISS it. This company seriously don't need a designer.

No comments: