29 September, 2020

Journal Day 31: Random Thoughts

Today I had a zoom meeting with Edy. Glad that he is open for ideas and align with him quite well.

I also met Christie, had a good conversation with her. I learnt to make sure she can commit before I proceed.

Ee Dzu was stressed with her work. Hope that I can guide her to destress. Hope that she can come out with her own solutions that she can accept and agree with.

Happy to make mooncake with Swee Chen and some of the GBA ladies.

As for myself, I feel that recently I am more focus and at ease with the things I want to do and achieved them. Good news is I won a free healing session with Evelyn. I hope I can heal myself and able to receive another breathroughs.
The most interesting part of these random thoughts is that they might not be random after all. Scientists think that these memories are trying to help you solve a problem.

Scientists believe that random thoughts are likely the result of memory processing and also creative thinking. You may start to notice that you have mind-pops more often when you have a problem that you want to solve.

It’s as if you have told your brain to search for things that can help you solve the problem and your brain responds with random things that are connected.

Why Random Thoughts are Actually Important, Backed By Science

People who experience frequent random thoughts tend to rate higher on tests of creative thinking. In a study of the brains of research subjects and their random thoughts, ‘High-frequency mind pops were significantly associated with “larger grey and white matter volume in the prefrontal cortex. This increase in mind pops is also linked to higher creativity and the personality trait of ‘openness.”

HOW YOU CAN MAXIMIZE RANDOM THOUGHTS FOR YOUR BENEFIT
Being mindful is the best way to make use of random thoughts to enhance your creativity. Here are a few ideas to help you allow your random thoughts solve problems for you:

* Dwell on the random thought for 90 seconds – Sing along with the song or immerse yourself in the memory that was brought up.

* Read 7 Things That Keep You From Living in the Now – Our guide to avoiding things that keep you from being mindful will help you make use of random thoughts when they happen.

* Think briefly about your current problem – What is it that you are currently struggling with?

* Think about how the random thought connects to the problem – Is there a connection between the random thought and the problem?

No comments: